Sprotbrough Library offers many interesting and fun filled courses, events and activities for children.
Some classes/activities are free and drop-in in style whilst others are more structured, need to be booked in advance, and have a charge per event.
Below is a list of ongoing childrens activities held mostly during term time and designed to promote your childs well being, accelerate learning and improve/enhance his or hers development in the early years:
- Storytime (story telling; songes; rhymes; drawing)
- The Creation Station (crafts; drawing; art)
- Bookstart Bear Club (early books; nursery rhymes; introduction to reading)
- Lingatots (Spanish language for home tutored children)
- Baby Yoga/Massage (touch; communication; bonding)
- Baby Signing (communication; bonding)
All sessions are popular, well attended and held on the library premises. If you are interested in joining any of these activities please feel free to call the library or pop in and talk to one of the friendly staff members. Classes are subject to availability.
We also encourage you to bring your children along for a visit and to become a member of the library for a ready supply of:
- Childrens picture books
- Early years story books
- Nursery rhyme books
- Teenage non fiction
- Childrens DVDs CDs
- Reference books to help with homework
- Free WiFi and computers
You can also request a new publication from us instead of buying it off the high street.
If your child’s school is enrolled with the Children’s University your child can also receive stamps from time spent at the library as all UK libraries are registered as ‘Learning Destinations’ – which mean children can get a stamp for up to 1 hour per visit outside of school hours).